Our vision – Inspired to learn, supported to succeed
EXPLORING CAREER OPTIONS
- National Careers Service
- Hampshire Career Coach tool from Hampshire Careers Partnership
- Go Construct– Career Explorer website – build your future as an Architect, carpenter, surveyor, electrician, bricklayer, engineer…
- Barclays Life Skills
- Career Pilot
- BBC Bitesize Careers
- Buzz Quiz
- Creative Careers
- Future Learn Careers
- Youth employment
- Target careers– help and advice for school leavers
- NHS Careers
- Start – online careers platform
- My World of Work
- Speakers for Schools
- Hampshire Careers Partnership – Your Future, Your Options
Fact Sheets can be found here.
APPRENTICESHIPS AND TRAINEESHIPS
- Find an apprenticeship– a government website to find apprenticeships using your postcode.
- Amazing Apprenticeships– range of resources to help teachers, parents, pupils and employers navigate the changing world of apprenticeship.
- getingofar.gov.uk Government Apprenticeship Service information website on apprenticeships aimed at young people, adults, parents, employers, careers advisers/teachers.
- UK website to search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies, students need to register on this site to be able to apply for vacancies.
- Apprenticeship Guide – lots of info. on different types of apprenticeships/sectors and how to choose an apprenticeship.
- Rate My Apprenticeship – includes information on Degree Apprenticeships.
- Target Careers – includes information on degree level apprenticeships and school leaver trainee schemes.
- Most of the local/regional further education colleges advertise apprenticeship vacancies that can be applied for via their websites: e.g. thecollege.co.uk,
- Government website to apply for ‘Traineeships’.
- Information on Traineeships aimed at young people. Some of our local colleges advertise traineeship vacancies via their websites.
HIGHER EDUCATION / UCAS
- Prospects website
- Which University
- Russell Group website – Informed Choices – useful for Year 11’s deciding on A level/vocational subjects as well as sixth formers.
- UK Clinical Aptitude Test
- The Complete University Guide
- Government Student Finance Guide
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Take Your Place supports young people in making informed decision about their future within higher education.
Unifrog is an impartial, one-stop Careers platform and a great place to start researching your career and building a CV. Students can access information about a wide range of different careers, learn how to get into certain sectors (qualifications and skills required) and research the prospects within those sectors (projected growth/decline).
All Ringwood School students are provided with a Unifrog account and we make time in school for students to update their Unifrog platform and to complete research, in order to develop their individual career plan.
Unifrog also contains videos and other useful information such as:
• Access information about post-16 study options, apprenticeships and universities
• Keep a journal of their achievements and how their employability skills are developing
• Record careers action plans
• Keep useful links to other careers related information sources in one place
• Record action points from meetings with careers advisors and other key staff
• Build CVs, prepare applications for university and apprenticeships
• Work experience opportunities
We encourage students (and parents) to use Unifrog at home to ensure they get the most out of it.
Support to write a CV:
- TED Talk ‘Fake it til you make it’
- Virtual Tours
- The WOW Show Healthcare Special
- NHS Careers ‘Cradle to Grave’
- Engineering at Rolls Royce