Photography Competition 2022
Our vision – Inspired to learn, supported to succeed
The Judging Panel consists of:
Stuart Fielder (Head of Art, Ringwood School), Emily Weston (Head of Photography, Ringwood School) Geoff Ridgway OBE (Past President Rotary Club of Ringwood), Michael Lingam-Wilgoss (Rotary Club of Ringwood), Kath Walker (New Forest Heritage Centre Manager), and Trevor Pogson (Chair Ringwood Photography Club).
Students, staff and parents from the following schools are invited to submit photographs which respond to this year’s theme “New Beginnings”:
• All entries must be submitted as JPEG files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Images should be labelled with name, photo-title, school and age group. Due to the huge volume of entries, any photographs incorrectly labelled may unfortunately not be considered.
• Entries are limited to 3 images as a maximum
• Age categories:
School Years 7 – 10
School Years 11- 13
A Parent or Teacher
• The deadline for entries is Wednesday 23rd February 2022
• Judging will be carried out in the weeks following the deadline and entrants whose photographs make it to the exhibition stage will be individually invited by their school
• Short-listed entries will be required to write a short explanation of their image
• An exhibition and prize-giving will be hosted at the New Forest Heritage Centre Gallery on Friday 6th May 2022, and the exhibition will be available to view until 6th June 2022.
• There is a runner up and winner in each age category winning prizes provided by the Rotary club (cash vouchers and photographic books)
• An overall ‘Young Photographer of the Year’ is made on the evening with a trophy awarded