Free School Meal, Uniform Grant, Home Learning, Behaviour & Rewards.
Our Vision – Inspired to learn, supported to succeed
Free School Meals and School Uniform Grant
A child is eligible for free school meals if their parent or carer receives one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (Parents who are made redundant or start working less that 16 hours per week, may find their children are entitled to free meals for a limited period.)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
No other benefits qualify for free school meals from Key Stage 2 (years 3, 4, 5, 6) or for the pupil premium for Reception Year and Key Stage 1 (years 1, 2).
Applying for free school meals online There is an online service used by Ringwood School to allow you to apply for free school meals. To complete a check you will need the following information: · Name, home address and email address · National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number · Child’s name and date of birth The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request. Please note that by following the link below to the online free school meals application service, you are leaving Ringwood School’s website. https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants/
Applying for free school meals via the school If you would like help completing the application form, please contact Mrs Attwill on 01425 475000.
Emergency Closure Procedures In the event that conditions mean that school is closed before the school day starts: You will receive notification by text by 7.00am and we will also post that we are closed on the school website and inform local radio stations: Heart FM and BBC Radio Solent. In the event that conditions mean that school has to close during the school day: You will receive notification from the school by text. We will also allow students to use their mobile ‘phones to contact you. Please make arrangements with your child so that they know if they are making their own way home or whether you are planning to pick them up. We will have contacted the bus companies and will inform students travelling by bus if there is a problem with their return journey. Your child will be supervised in school until such time as there are not students left in the building, however our priority will be to get students and staff home safely.
At Ringwood, all HL tasks will meet at least one of the aims listed below:
- Preparation – Where students are set a task which allows them to prepare for future learning.
- Practice – Where students are set a task which allows them to practise their knowledge or skills.
- Revision – Where students are set a specific task to revise and review prior learning encouraging them to embed knowledge in their long-term memory. This may be for imminent assessment or long-term future assessment and learning.
- Coursework – For subjects which allow students to complete aspects of coursework outside the school setting.
- NEA- For subjects which allow students to complete aspects of NEA outside the school setting.
Home Learning Policy September 2021
Teachers will give students clear instructions early in the lesson: instructions will be written on the board and should appear well in advance of the lesson’s end.
Deadlines: Home learning will not be set for handing in the following day. Sometimes negotiated deadlines work well.
Clarification on uncompleted Home Learning Teachers will distinguish between those who cannot do it & those who will not do it. Clinics can be requested with the teacher by the student before the deadline but not after. Failure to hand in work results in a HL1 and a request for it to be handed in the next day. If it is not handed in the next day, a detention should be set. All detentions for not doing home learning will be logged on SIMS. Friday after school leadership detention will be used for persistent offenders.
If you have recently changed your mobile number please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible to update your details so that you can be sure to receive any emergency messages.